Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fresh Start

October 27, 2009, was the day of a fresh start for me and my new life. It has been a long and not very easy journey to give up the drink, as I call it, My Demons. But, I'll tell you what, it wasn't as hard as I thought. With alot of prayers and alot of will power, I have conquered and defeated the demons within.

In order for me to have defeated these demons was first, to be open to myself and to my family, and not to be ashamed to call it quits for good. I used to look at people that did not drink and were sober all the time as not fun people to be around. I thought they were square. We, in the party world, would look down at them. Boy, after being sober for a couple of months, first it feels great, but more important was I ever wrong. Now I have a different look on things and guess what, I was the square one and they were the smart ones. I can't even count the times I did not want to go somewhere because there was no drinking involved. It was a effort for me to go and couldn't wait to leave to get home to the almighty drink. Well things are much different now and the functions and Holiday's that just passed I had a great time and SOBER at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and I hope these articles help you in your quest to live a clean and sober life.