Sunday, March 31, 2013

Alcohol - The Temporary Escape From Reality

Alcohol the temporary escape from reality is so true and I can certainly relate to it. The buzz or being flat out drunk is only temporary and it will go away when you stop drinking and be taken over by your huge hangover in the morning.

So what should someone do to keep reality and whatever problem you may have from coming back? Well of course, keep on drinking and keep that drunk on.  This is what many people do to escape from reality.  They continue to drink each day hoping for things in their life to get better, not knowing that those problems will never go away because you are drinking alcohol.

I used to think, "wow I feel great drinking all this alcohol and I am not worried about a thing."  Sure drinking will tend to ease the problem because you simply don't care anymore at that time, until the booze wears off and then reality sets in and Bang, there is your problem you originally had.

Drinking alcohol will sometimes just make matters worse than they are.  You sit there drinking your life away coming up with all these stupid ideas that you may think will work to solve this so called problem in your life, and when you sober up and reality sets in again those so called great ideas sound stupid.

Your sober and think to yourself, "how in the world would this idea I had last night being drunk even work?"  Although last night when thinking up these wonderful ideas, they all sounded great, because you were not thinking clearly and you were drunk.  Does any of this sound familiar to you?  It sure does to me!

When I was drinking and getting drunker by the minute I thought I could run the world. I thought nothing could get me down. I knew everything and had answer for anything, although those answers were most likely wrong.

Alcohol is a wonderful thing?  It make you forget about anything happening in your life, but just for short while until you sober up.

Don't get me wrong, I love alcohol and loved to drink it every single day of the week without missing on day.  If by chance I was sick and down in bed, my mind only though about when "will I get better so I can drink again?"  That is really a sorry thing to think about when you are down and out with sickness and you are thinking about drinking alcohol and not thinking about getting better and what you can do to get better fast.  It was as if someone cut one of my limbs off.  That is how addicted you can get when you are missing a day or so without alcohol.  Pretty sad right? It is sickening to me now being sober.

I would give a anything to go into a club and have a drink or two and just shoot the breeze with the people at the bar, but I can't do that.  One or two drinks wouldn't cut it for me.  I would start a fire inside me if I were to have one sip of alcohol.

I know what would happen to me, so that is why I simply don't drink anything.  You have to know your body.  I know for a fact if I drank one sip of alcohol I would be right back to drinking alcohol every single day of the week.  That's why I don't drink and will continue not to drink for the rest of my life.  Sad, but true!

I have a friend that has written a book and has a website called "living sober sucks, (but living drunk sucks more)" Those words are so true in my book now.  Living sober does indeed SUCK, but I have to do what I have to do in order to save my life and all those that are in my life.  Family and friends are far more important to me than any alcohol by far. What is your choice?

I guess it is all what you want in life.  To be happy, healthy and sober or just live drunk everyday.  Sooner or later the alcohol will indeed catch up with you and you will be the one that suffers in the end.

5 comments:

  1. To escape or at least forget problem for a moment is more likely the reason why a person gets into drinking. I am glad that it has never been the reason for me to taste alcohol. My father taught me to drink only when I am happy as it indicates that something must be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antoine- Thank you for reading and your comment. yes drinking alcohol for a celebration is certainly okay, but for myself and those that can't handle it or don't when to stop is a problem. We don't need (I) don't need to relapse all for a celebration. Thanks again!
      Mark

      Delete
  2. Mark, Very important message for anyone to read-escaping the problem does not make the problem go away. Keep up the great work in spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For alcoholics who have decided to get help for their drinking problem there are many different treatment programs and approaches available.Family Intervention florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeking for techniques on how to stop drinking alcohol is one of the most essential steps in the journey of quitting alcohol and should be put on top of the list. The reason is simple and clear.Addiction Intervention

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and I hope these articles help you in your quest to live a clean and sober life.