Thursday, March 28, 2013

Signs Of An Alcoholic

HERE I WAS BACK IN 2009, DRINKING ALONE AS I MENTIONED IN THIS POST AND RIGHT BEFORE I DECIDED TO STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.


Millions of people in the world drink alcohol.  Some can handle it and then there are those that can not handle alcohol whatsoever.

Many of those that can't handle alcohol may often ask themselves."what are signs of an alcoholic?"  Am I an alcoholic or just someone that loves drinking?

From my past experiences of my addiction to alcohol, I can honestly say when I asked that same question to myself, it was YES indeed, I was an alcoholic. I knew deep down inside of me that I was, but did I think others thought the same about me?

I can assure you they thought I had a drinking problem.  Many would not come right out and say it to me, but hearing the way they spoke to me I knew they knew something was up and just didn't want to come right out and say it to me.

WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF BEING AN ALCOHOLIC?

  • CRAVING A DRINK THE MINUTE YOU WAKE UP.
  • DRINKING EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK.
  • NEED TO HAVE A DRINK BEFORE YOUR DAY CAN BEGIN.
  • DRINKING TILL WEE HOURS IN THE MORNING.
  • PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SPOUSE REGARDING HE/SHE TELLING YOU DRINK TO MUCH.
  • YOUR HAPPY AND THE NEXT MINUTE YOU ARE A DIFFERENT PERSON.
  • YOUR BEHAVIOR CHANGES AS YOU DRINK MORE AND MORE.
  • DRINKING ALONE.
  • HIDING YOUR ALCOHOL.
  • NEVER WANTING TO ATTEND A FUNCTION THAT DOESN'T SERVE ALCOHOL.
  • CAN NOT REMEMBER THE NIGHT BEFORE.
  • SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, UNLESS YOU HAVE PASTED OUT.
  • YOU NEED MORE AND MORE ALCOHOL TO GET TO THE DRUNK STAGE.
  • LOSING JOBS BECAUSE OF YOUR DRINKING PROBLEM.
  • FREQUENT FIGHTING OR ARGUMENTS WITH YOUR FAMILY.
  • DENIAL THAT YOU HAVE A SERIOUS DRINKING PROBLEM.
If you are seeing signs that you maybe an alcoholic then I would really stop and take a hard look at your life and those lives around you.  Is it really worth losing everything in your life from an avoidable addiction to alcohol.  I bet you are saying NO, it is not worth losing everything from something that will kill you in the end.

If you said No it is not worth it, then are you going to do something about it or just continue to drink your life away?

Believe me once the demons get hold of your body it will get harder and harder to get out of your addiction to alcohol.  Don't let that happen.  Nip it in the bud before it is too late!

I know you might think, "how can I live without alcohol in my life when I have been so used to having it be a huge part of your life?"

Trust me, you can live without alcohol.  You will see a new you my friends!  Your spouse, family and friends will see a new you, and you will be so proud of yourself when you finally stop drinking alcohol forever.

You will start to feel back to your old self.  Your appearance will not look like you are an alcoholic anymore. Your health will improve each and everyday.  You will regain your self-esteem and start living with a positive attitude, and not be so down on yourself because of your addiction. You know how alcoholic may say, Why Me? why doesn't anything go right in my life?

To tell you the truth, nothing will go right in your life unless you do something to change it.  You have to help yourself before anyone or anything can help you.  If you are not willing to make that change and make something out of your life, then I guess you will continue to be a lonely alcoholic for the rest of your life.

You will start to lose things, one at a time, and before you know it, you will then hit rock bottom.  Speaking of rock bottom, sometimes it takes an alcoholic to hit rock bottom before he/she does something to change his/her life.  Don't Let This Happen To You!

6 comments:

  1. I am very familiar with that rock bottom, buddy, and I have no desire to visit it again. Love walking this sober journey with you, Mark. The picture is a classic....messy garage, overweight, looking like you are happy but dying inside...and alone. A picture is worth a 1000 words and that one sure is. :) Keep doing what you are doing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, Thanks for stopping by and reading this. You are so right, I was a mess along with the garage as well. Happy outside because I had my beer, but dying on the inside of loneliness. You are correct in every word Bill. Walking the sober life with you is wonderful as well!

      Lets keep it going and we will in time make a difference to many lives.
      God Bless

      Delete
  2. Cleaned up your life and your garage ..... good going !!

    TONY Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, thanks for reading and your kind words. I am very happy with life now. Sobriety ROCKS!!

      Delete
  3. This was a great post. I have lived in and around alcoholics for a lot of my life and I can say that the effects of alcohol on relationships are devastating. It took a serious problem between my father and I to see how his drinking affected his judgment. Thank you for getting sober and then helping others live that life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, Thank you for your comment. I hope all is well in your family now Julie. I am trying so hard to get this point across and make people with an addiction understand there is hope and help for all.

      God Bless you Julie and thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and I hope these articles help you in your quest to live a clean and sober life.