|HERE I WAS BACK IN 2009, DRINKING ALONE AS I MENTIONED IN THIS POST AND RIGHT BEFORE I DECIDED TO STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.|
Millions of people in the world drink alcohol. Some can handle it and then there are those that can not handle alcohol whatsoever.
Many of those that can't handle alcohol may often ask themselves."what are signs of an alcoholic?" Am I an alcoholic or just someone that loves drinking?
From my past experiences of my addiction to alcohol, I can honestly say when I asked that same question to myself, it was YES indeed, I was an alcoholic. I knew deep down inside of me that I was, but did I think others thought the same about me?
I can assure you they thought I had a drinking problem. Many would not come right out and say it to me, but hearing the way they spoke to me I knew they knew something was up and just didn't want to come right out and say it to me.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF BEING AN ALCOHOLIC?
- CRAVING A DRINK THE MINUTE YOU WAKE UP.
- DRINKING EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK.
- NEED TO HAVE A DRINK BEFORE YOUR DAY CAN BEGIN.
- DRINKING TILL WEE HOURS IN THE MORNING.
- PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SPOUSE REGARDING HE/SHE TELLING YOU DRINK TO MUCH.
- YOUR HAPPY AND THE NEXT MINUTE YOU ARE A DIFFERENT PERSON.
- YOUR BEHAVIOR CHANGES AS YOU DRINK MORE AND MORE.
- DRINKING ALONE.
- HIDING YOUR ALCOHOL.
- NEVER WANTING TO ATTEND A FUNCTION THAT DOESN'T SERVE ALCOHOL.
- CAN NOT REMEMBER THE NIGHT BEFORE.
- SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, UNLESS YOU HAVE PASTED OUT.
- YOU NEED MORE AND MORE ALCOHOL TO GET TO THE DRUNK STAGE.
- LOSING JOBS BECAUSE OF YOUR DRINKING PROBLEM.
- FREQUENT FIGHTING OR ARGUMENTS WITH YOUR FAMILY.
- DENIAL THAT YOU HAVE A SERIOUS DRINKING PROBLEM.
If you said No it is not worth it, then are you going to do something about it or just continue to drink your life away?
Believe me once the demons get hold of your body it will get harder and harder to get out of your addiction to alcohol. Don't let that happen. Nip it in the bud before it is too late!
I know you might think, "how can I live without alcohol in my life when I have been so used to having it be a huge part of your life?"
Trust me, you can live without alcohol. You will see a new you my friends! Your spouse, family and friends will see a new you, and you will be so proud of yourself when you finally stop drinking alcohol forever.
You will start to feel back to your old self. Your appearance will not look like you are an alcoholic anymore. Your health will improve each and everyday. You will regain your self-esteem and start living with a positive attitude, and not be so down on yourself because of your addiction. You know how alcoholic may say, Why Me? why doesn't anything go right in my life?
To tell you the truth, nothing will go right in your life unless you do something to change it. You have to help yourself before anyone or anything can help you. If you are not willing to make that change and make something out of your life, then I guess you will continue to be a lonely alcoholic for the rest of your life.
You will start to lose things, one at a time, and before you know it, you will then hit rock bottom. Speaking of rock bottom, sometimes it takes an alcoholic to hit rock bottom before he/she does something to change his/her life. Don't Let This Happen To You!