Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stop Drinking Alcohol And Get Out Of Denial

Most people I know, including myself, that are addicted to alcohol live their life in denial.  For me, I never thought for a moment that I had an addiction to alcohol although many people thought differently.

If you have a drinking problem, and abuse alcohol like so many people do, you have to stop drinking alcohol and get out of denial.

I truly believe that denial is what holds us back from getting sober and living a life of sobriety.  So many people I know, (and that includes me) thing there is nothing wrong with how much they drink.  They think that having a 12 pack or so each night is no problem at all.  The reason they think this is because that 12 pack that they built up in their system over time has no effect on their personality or the way they act after drinking that much. Little do they know right?  I have people tell me, "I will video you while you have 12 or so beers in you, and will show you when you are sober."

I know people that drink way more than a 12 pack in one night, believe me, and they think nothing of it.  They are so used to having all that alcohol that their bodies just get used to it, but the problem is they want more and more to get that buzz that they had drinking that 12 pack.

You build up that tolerance, and your body just needs more alcohol, and if you don't give your body, (and your demons) what they need you are one miserable person. Such as, running out of alcohol just as you are getting that great buzz and drunk on.

 So the first thing you must do is to admit that you have a drinking problem, and you just could be an alcoholic.  Then you need to get yourself out of the denial you have been living in for so long and take that first step towards sobriety, just like I did in 2009.

A positive attitude is required to even start on your road to recovery.  Without having a positive attitude you will get nowhere fast.  Negativity will hold you back for sure.  You can't tell yourself, "Oh, I don't know if I can get and stay sober."  That is the wrong attitude to have if you want to change your life and live your life sober.
                                               



Here is my Ebook called My Life Of Alcohol Addiction.

There are hundreds of other articles I have written on HubPages in regards to addiction to alcohol, living a happy and simple life, positive attitudes and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and I hope these articles help you in your quest to live a clean and sober life.