Learning to live clean and sober takes some real determination and willingness to stay clean. It won't be easy, but anything good in life needs some work put forth in order to achieve what you are out to accomplish and in this case sobriety is what we are looking to achieve.
Once you have taken that most important first step, which is admitting you are an alcoholic and need help is when you will start on your journey to recovery. The biggest thing is wanting to be clean and sober and not getting sober because you are forced into it by a family member or possibly the law enforcement.
You need to want it for yourself and no one else. You are the one that has this decision to make and no one else. You decide how you want to live your life, whether it be living drunk each day and abusing alcohol or living your life clean and sober. It is your choice only. You decide your own destiny in life, and always remember that.
No one forced you to start drinking alcohol, so you must try your hardest to change your life and live it clean and sober. You are missing out on so many things in life being addicted to alcohol.
Learning to live sober is as easy as you want to make it. If you are going to beat yourself up and feel sorry for yourself that you can't drink, and all your so called drinking friends are pounding them down, then you have to do a little growing up my friends.
Whats more important in life, living everyday of your life in a drunken state and missing out on what life is really about or just getting clean and sober once and for all and forgetting about the addiction that sooner or later will take your or someones life. You can bank on something happening that all could be avoided if you have the strength and the willpower to find your own sobriety.
WAYS I LEARNED TO STAY SOBER
- I continue to stay busy physically and mentally each and everyday.
- I write articles on living clean and sober almost everyday to help others suffering from an addiction to alcohol.
- I keep a positive attitude towards my sobriety and living a clean and sober life.
- I look towards my future and the dreams and goals I can now achieve being sober.
- You need to start eating right and try to fit exercise into your daily life.
- Drink plenty of the best liquid in the world and that is Water.
- Take up a hobby that you always wanted to do and pursue it.
You learned to love alcohol and be addicted to it, and now it's time to learn to live a sober and much happier life. Don't cut yourself short, you can get sober and it's all up to you and you only.
Think positive and you will achieve sobriety back into your life and believe me you won't be sorry you did.